Thursday, June 17, 2010

Getting my hair stripped?

I dyed my hair black, and I hate it. I plan on getting it stripped because apparently that's the only way to remove black coloring. What exactly do they do when they "strip" your hair? I hear that it's damaging. I have pretty healthy hair so I"m not too worried. I just want my hair to be dark brown again.



Getting my hair stripped?

Products that strip hair are really just a slower acting bleach. There is no way to completely remove haircolor (especially black because it is so heavily pigmented). After the stripper is rinsed, your hair will likely be a bright shade of orange, which means your stylist MUST apply another color afterwards to get an even and pretty shade, but be warned that the end result is going to be a very warm shade of brown (meaning it will have a reddish undertone) and will probably still be pretty dark. When it comes to a corrective situation like this, you will probably not love your hair when it is done, but at least it will not be black. I have been exactly in your shoes before, and as a haircolorist I have seen this many times before. Be patient, removing the black will be a process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
norton